Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Final Week of Class...Yea!

          One thing I cannot stand is constantly striving to do the best and ending up finding mistakes with tests.  Here we go again...last week's quiz had another error.  I sent an email to my academic advisor, he sent an email back.  He is looking into the problem and he will get back to me in 24 hours (from yesterday).  I am certain he will.  He has been wonderful at contacting me and giving me direction.  I will have nothing but praise for him, however the class and the teacher I have right now is not getting the same "love" so to speak.  Over the course of the past four weeks, she has responded to two posts of mine, that's fine.  I really don't care about that, however in our class of 18 students we have done 9 posts (discussions) in four weeks.  Out of those, our instructor has responded an average of 3.7 times.  Does that seem like instruction?  I ask you.  On the other hand, our TA has been very helpful.  She is working on our reflective papers.  This is something we have worked on for the past five weeks.  She has given helpful advice, constructive criticism and a lot of comments.  So, I guess I would rather get help from her.  I am only stating these facts to get it off my chest and try somehow to understand how an instructor can be teaching when the responses have be like the following ones I got:


Hi Allison,
Very nice post!! I see that you understand your personality work type, and that you use them in your current field. It is great to know that you are able to define your characteristics.
Nice Work!!

Hi Allyson,

When you use critical thinking you will have the opportunity to think about the underlying causes of the issue at hand. I feel that you will use critical thinking to gain the best results within your environment. Critical thinking is a process of action that helps determine the decisions or solutions for problems/issues that have to have an ultimate result. I see that you also feel that communication is another area that accompanies your growth and development, communication is a major development factor as we grow and develop
.


Nice Post… 


I do not see the progress and help in these posts, but maybe I am not looking at the bigger picture.  After all, I do feel I wrote good posts, so why not believe that she had nothing more to say?  It is a testament. perhaps to my diligent work on these discussions.  Staying positive through this college experience is my new goal.  I am now onto Week Five and the final week of this class.  My last assignment is to turn in my final Reflective Paper.  Next, I move onto English Comp II class.  Oh, yea!  I will keep you posted as to what my Academic Adviser has to say about those quizzes.

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. I understand your frustration. Teachers are meant to guide you through material and help you LEARN from it. Their only function is really to make sure you understand and attend to whatever questions you have otherwise what are you LEARNING?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things never change. Sounds like the "good" students still get little attention and encouragement becuase teachers have to spend most of their time on "bad" or "under acheiving" students.

    ReplyDelete